Internal Complaint committee at MPPA Bhopal
An Internal Complaints Committee has been set up at MPPA Bhopal as per provisions of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, Redressal) Act 2013, with the following aims:
- To ensure that no female employees (including permanent, temporary, and contractual employees) or female trainees are subjected to gender specific discrimination or sexual harassment.
- To provide a platform for all individuals to register a complaint if they are subjected to any act of sexual harassment at MPPA Bhopal.
- To investigate and recommend action against any individual found guilty of harassing another individual of any gender.
- To facilitate a gender-sensitive and congenial working environment at MPPA Bhopal so that individuals can work in an atmosphere free of gender specific discrimination.
What are Sexual Harassments?
The Supreme Court guidelines define sexual harassment to include:
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand or request for sexual favors
- Sexually colored remarks
- Display of pornography
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature (including voyeurism and stalking)
Often such behavior goes unpunished because of hesitation on the part of victim to report such behavior out of a sense of shame or fear or both. It is important to protest against any behavior that you find uncomfortable, harassing, unwanted, and unacceptable.
If you are being harassed, this is what you can do
- Don't feel a sense of shame. Tell the harasser very clearly that you find his behavior offensive.
- Don't ignore the harassment in the hope that it will stop on its own. Come forward and complain.
- Talk to somebody you trust about the harassment. It will not only give you strength but also help others in similar situations to come forward and complain.
- Keep a record of all incidents of sexual harassment in a notebook. If you feel the need to register a formal complaint later, this record will be helpful.
The role of complaint cell
- To act as inquiry authority on a complaint of sexual harassment.
- To ensure that victims and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated against because of their complaint.
- To take proactive measures towards sensitization of the staff, students and faculty members of the Institute on gender issues.
|Handbook on Sexual Harassment of women workplace||View More|
|Saxual Harassment at workplace Act||View More|
The Complaint Cell at MPPA Bhopal provides a platform for all individuals to complain about any unwelcome behavior experienced by them at MPPA Bhopal. The present members of the Complaint Cell are: